Burung Indonesia (BirdLife Indonesia Association) is the Indonesian partner of BirdLife International – a global partnership of conservation organizations that strives to conserve birds, their habitats through active involvement of local communities, government institutions, the private sector and other stakeholders. It was established in 2002 as an independent Indonesian non-government organisation, after working for 10 years as the program office of BirdLife International in Indonesia.
Located in Jambi and South Sumatera, Hutan Harapan is a 98,500 ha ecosystem restoration concession and it is the first project in Indonesia to be implemented under an ecosystem restoration licence. In expectation of further donor funding, Burung Indonesia is advertising for a Programme Manager for the Hutan Harapan Initiative.
The candidate will be responsible for coordinating the overall programme planning, implementation, monitoring of progress and coordinating with key stakeholders. In particular, the candidate is expected to ensure that the programme’s objectives/outputs are achieved to a high standard of quality according to the log frame and budget, within the contracted project period and in compliance with national laws, donor regulations and Burung Indonesia’s policies and procedures.
The position is located in Burung Indonesia’s head office in Bogor but the candidate will be expected to travel regularly to the project site in Jambi and South Sumatra.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Indonesian National,
- University degree in Forestry, Natural Resources, or closely related field,
- At least 5 years’ experience working in conservation NGOs,
- Experience in managing and supervising a team to reach the project objectives,
- Experience in program design and work plan development,
- Good understanding of governmental structures and processes at national, provincial and district levels,
- Experience in building partnerships with government and other civil society organizations,
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
Burung Indonesia invites qualified individuals to submit their job application to: firstname.lastname@example.org on 25 October 2016 at the latest.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Jl. Dadali No. 32,
Telp. +62 251 8357 222
Fax. +62 251 8357 961